koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Bug tracking for 2.3/2.4

From: Rachel Hamilton-Williams
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Bug tracking for 2.3/2.4
Date: Tue Jun 14 20:34:35 2005

I'm just out of the bug squash party in #koha and we got tripped
up a little by some problems, with bugs.koha.org becoming
unreachable at one point and sorting bugs in random order in
the display. How should we handle this?

Sorry if bugzilla wigged out - Si is trying to get a server set up in the USA, I suspect if that gets sorted we might move the koha site and acoutrements there to see if that will help.

The summary: If katipo are willing to upgrade/bugfix bugzilla
and we can remove the "must register" limit, I think that's best
for 2.4, unless there's a brilliant solution that I don't know?

I don't know if you can take out the must register bit?  Anyone else know?

1. Upgrade bugzilla

Hopefully, the kind people at katipo are happy to continue
hosting bugzilla. It looks like there's some new versions
out, according to http://www.bugzilla.org/ which may help
solve some of the bugs.

Yep looks like a new one last month might be good.

> If the problems with connecting are due
to ISPs, they're probably going to be a risk whatever we do.

Yep

  2b RT http://www.bestpractical.com/rt/

+ It's probably the closest perl-based competitor to Bugzilla.
+ Users don't have to register to submit bugs.
+ Email commands possible.
- Last place I know that tried to install it claimed it was too complex.

We've got this up and running as well. We use it for one of our clients to use to request work - rather than to report bugs - we've kept the two seperate to date.

They do find it easier to use, and so I'm guessing everyone else would too :-)

Cheers

Rachel Hamilton-Williams
General Manager
Katipo Communications Ltd