koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Bug tracking for 2.3/2.4

From: Rachel Hamilton-Williams
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Bug tracking for 2.3/2.4
Date: Tue Jun 14 20:43:20 2005

Ah and more thoughts having gone look at our rt install

  2b RT http://www.bestpractical.com/rt/

+ It's probably the closest perl-based competitor to Bugzilla.
+ Users don't have to register to submit bugs.
+ Email commands possible.

The e-mail thing is good, people send mail to it and don't even have to "know" that RT is in the background.

But that means you really need a bug meister to take control of the tickets, so that they get assigned, and that duplicates get removed etc - because there isn't that (ugly :-) process you go through with bugzilla.

We log in to RT - but if you've seen one where you don't need to then that sounds like it could get turned off?

When you log in, you're into bug management mode, rather than bug reporting mode.

cheers

Rachel Hamilton-Williams
General Manager
Katipo Communications Ltd