koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] notforloan rule

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] notforloan rule
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 15:03:01 +0200

Pierrick LE GALL a écrit :
Hi koha-devel,

Working on C4::Reserves2 and associated scripts, I'm wondering what is
the rule to say an item is not for loan?

In the database, we have itemtypes.notforloan and items.notforloan. In
the authorised values for category "STATUS" I have 5 values from 0 to 5
(with no 3). In my items table, most of my items have NULL as
notforloan value. In my itemtypes table, notforloan is either
"loanable" or "excluded from loan".

itemtypes.notforloan=1 means no item can be issued, whatever it's status.
items.notforloan works as it : any "true" value means "YES".
So null & 0 both mean "no" => the book can be issued, (if itemtypes.notforloan=0) 1,2,3,... mean "yes" => this item can't be issued (because it's "excluded", "being repaired", or whatever position the library can give

--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants