koha-devel

[Koha-devel] IBERMARC addition

From: Damián Marqués Lluch
Subject: [Koha-devel] IBERMARC addition
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 11:52:33 +0200

Last April, 24th I tried to join to this list and I posted a message. However, somehow, I got added to the sourceforge devel-list (apparently no longer in use) and probably my message was never read. I reproduce my message below. On the other hand, I'm not subscribed to the right mailing list, so I will not receive any reply... does anybody know how can I subscribe to the right mailing list?

Dear all,

I recently downloaded koha-2.2.5 from your website and started to play
around with it. I'm not a librarian, I'm just a computer science guy who
was looking a program to keep track of his personal library, photography
 and music CD collection. All in a single program. MARC format seems to
be suitable.

Since I'm spanish, I took the MARC21 structure as a basis and changed it
 to the IBERMARC format, the one in use by the Biblioteca Nacional de
España (Spanish National Library). Furthermore, I also took the IBERMARC
format for authority records and I feed it into the proper MySQL koha
tables (auth*). Finally I made an spanish stopwords list.

So, I've changed the koha-2.2.5.tar.gz file in my computer in the
following way:

added: koha-2.2.5/scripts/misc/marc_datas/ibermarc_es/structure_def.sql
added:
koha-2.2.5/scripts/misc/sql-datas/spanish/authorities_normal_ibermarc.sql

added:
koha-2.2.5/scripts/misc/sql-datas/spanish/authorities_normal_ibermarc.txt
added: koha-2.2.5/scripts/misc/sql-datas/spanish/stopwords.sql
added: koha-2.2.5/scripts/misc/sql-datas/spanish/stopwords.txt

changed: koha-2.2.5/Install.pm

The changes made to Install.pm allow the user to select option 3. IBERMARC

so that the default framework is IBERMARC.

All new files have been encoded as ISO-8859-1 in order for the spanish
character set to be fully recognized (in particular Unicode UTF-8 was
not working correctly in my system). Install.pm has been left Unicode UTF-8

All of this is working in my system, so I wonder if you could be
interested in have a look to my changes. Maybe you could consider the
posibility to add them to the official distribution after testing them.

With kind regards,
Damián