koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Biblio.pm Choices IMPORTANT

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Biblio.pm Choices IMPORTANT
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 21:23:23 +0100

Joshua Ferraro <address@hidden> wrote:
> 1. in HEAD we have 'z3859_extended_services', a routine capable of
> handling all the Z3859 extended services offered by Zebra, as well
> as 'set_service_options', which sets the service options before
> calling z3859_extended_services. But in dev_week, it looks like
> that's handled with 'zebraop' and when zebraop fails it falls back
> on zebraopfiles ...

What is zebraop?

> So which of these routes shall we take, perhaps a combo of both
> approaches?

[...]
> Internally, I vote that we store everything as UTF-8 in all
> circumstances.

I agree. It costs us maybe some CPU and maybe some space,
but it probably will stops us all going mad.  The only
sensible alternative is to have general string accessor
functions, but I'd expect that to use more CPU in reality.

Hope that helps,
--
MJ Ray - personal email, see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/email.html
Work: http://www.ttllp.co.uk/  irc.oftc.net/slef  Jabber/SIP ask