koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] coding guidelines, SQL queries

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] coding guidelines, SQL queries
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 12:10:58 +0200

Pierrick LE GALL a écrit :
On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 11:35:34 +0200
Paul POULAIN <address@hidden> wrote:

I think you write very interesting things, very precise.

That was the goal, I suppose :-) Given many details on how to write
code, developers can concentrate on the most interesting part of
coding: design and implementation.

The problem being we already have 300 000 lines of code ! so, I think
we should split the rules in 2 parts [...]

Of course, there's no big hurry to apply rules for existing code. These
guidelines are mainly for the code to be written in the future.

yes & no : I think the code MUST be cleaned for some rules.
Like : API naming (Add... or New... or Create...), variable naming...

Where the code is poorly readable by someone not involved in Koha for 3 years in fact ;-)

--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants