koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Confusion over this bit of code in Circ2.pm

From: Chris Cormack
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Confusion over this bit of code in Circ2.pm
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 10:24:45 +1200

On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 11:40:29AM +0200, arnaud laurin said:

> I think this new function, is for return the document to his homebranch, if
> the document is returned in an another library, the system check if there is
> no reserves linked to this document, and if the document is not on his
> homebranch, we return the document (by dotransfer function...) to his
> homebranch ..... .

Hi Arnaud

Ahh, I see, perhaps we should make this a system preference. So that a
library can choose to have this behaviour, or not.

For HLT, they move their items between branches quite regularly, and they
dont want it to come back to the homebranch all the time.

IE they send a box of books from one branch to another, to stay there for a
period of time, 2 or 3 months for example. And then to come back to their
home branch. So they dont want them to get transfered on a return straight
away.

Does this make sense?

Chris

027 4500 789                                       Katipo Communications Ltd
address@hidden                                          www.katipo.co.nz