koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Re: how to automate adding of items.

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Re: how to automate adding of items.
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 10:29:20 +0100

Alex King a écrit :
Can anyone point me to any scripts I can start from or suggest better ways to achieve what I'm trying to do? My thinking is to look at the cgi scripts and see what they are doing behind the scenes and write non-interactive scripts that do the same thing. My guess is they probably call library routines in the "C4" directory, and I could hook into the same library routines.

All what you describe here is correct. And it's right, it's probably a nightmare to automate this for 2000 records.

Here comes my question : why can't you use misc/migration_tools/bulkmarcimport.pl script that will copy the records in the active DB. The library would just have to add manually items hereafter if needed ?
This is described on www.kohadocs.org >> migrating your datas to koha 2.2

--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants