koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Library-specific Code in rel_3_0

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Library-specific Code in rel_3_0
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 10:35:24 +0100

Joshua Ferraro a écrit :
Hi guys,

Hi,

This is a reminder that if you are committing something to Koha that is
not universally useful, please create a system preference. I have come
across several changes that are not universal and will need to be fixed
in rel_3_0:

 * in member management, surname is all caps

is it a problem for you or your libraries ? For us, in France, it's seen as an improvement, not as a problem.
If it is, then OK for a system preference.
However, I just want to point that we have to be cautious adding systempref, to avoid having 100 000 of them (& slowing koha itself + adding complexity to koha setup)

 * titles are in french rather than english in english prog templates ?!?!

mmm... where are french strings still hidden ? SAN-OP is supposed to have removed all of them. And now, they directly write in english (although everybody can fix their poor english. They rid thus list & won't be upset by what I say : they know their english is poor, and are happy to be fixed ;-) )

 * displaying "Branch: 1" instead of "Branch: Branchname"

mmm... this is a bug, for sure : where do you see this ?

 * use List::MoreUtils qw/uniq/; used in request.pl

this one I don't know who it comes from or what it does. SAN-OP, an idea ? (maybe something from Pierrick ?)

There are many other examples ... it's important to remember that the
code you commit to rel_3_0 should not be library-specific.

of course. So consider them as bugs, not as features ;-)

--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants