koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] documentation for uploading to cvs repository

From: Joshua Ferraro
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] documentation for uploading to cvs repository
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 08:36:25 -0800

On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 10:51:35AM -0500, Cindy Murdock wrote:
> Is there documentation anywhere on the proper way to upload files to the
> cvs repository?  We want to upload updates to the ccfls templates, but
> Kyle informed me that he's having difficulty getting them uploaded, and
> asked me to drop you a line about it.
It can be a bit challenging to get the hang of this, and it doesn't help
when CVS itself acts up ;-). I wrote a short guide about how I set up an
environment for working with CVS:

http://www.kohadocs.org/Updating_Koha.html

That is written with the rel_2_2 branch/tag of Koha in mind. If you're
working on dev_week you'll want to use dev_week rather than rel_2_2 when
you check out the repository.

Also, there is a difference between checking out a repository
anonymously and checking it out as a project member -- only a project
member can commit back. You can find that distinction explained here:

http://savannah.nongnu.org/cvs/?group=koha

Also, to commit to savannah, you need to have your ssh shared key
registered with the system, log into savannah's web-based system and
click on 'my Account Conf' to find out more about that.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

address@hidden |Full Demos at http://liblime.com/koha |1(888)KohaILS