koha-devel

[Koha-devel] 3.0 zebra database creation on rel_3_0

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: [Koha-devel] 3.0 zebra database creation on rel_3_0
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 18:56:05 +0100

As suggested & discussed with joshua, i've worked on zebra database creation today.

I still have some tests to do, but it begins to be useable...

I summarize :
- All config files are now located in misc/zebra directory. PLEASE, if a .att, a .abs ... has to be improved, do it here, in the correspounding file. - All tools to migrate from a 2.2 to a 3.0 are now located in misc/migration_tools/22_to_30 directory
- in misc/migration_tools, the rebuild_zebra.pl script will :

* read your koha.xml file
* create all directories needed, for both authorities & biblios
* copy the needed files from misc/zebra, depending on your marc flavour
* create the *-config.cfg files, with the correct directories
* dump the authorities & create the zebra DB for them
* dump the biblio & create the zebra DB for them

I tried to put many informations while doing the job, let me know if it works for you, and, if not, pls let me know where it fails. Eventually, fix the script your self, you'll be welcomed.

WARNINGS :
- for instance, the script dumps only 100 biblios & 100 authorities.
- there are many parameters to this script, they are not all working.
- authorities zebraidx don't work atm, i'm sure i'm not far from the solution to the problem - Biblios zebraidx used to work in the previous commit, but, atm, as i've added authorities, i'm not sure they work.

I'll try to fix this, not tomorrow (i'm not at office), but thusday, for sure)

--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants