koha-devel

[Koha-devel] zebraop commented [for joshua 1st]

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: [Koha-devel] zebraop commented [for joshua 1st]
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 12:07:13 +0100

Hi again,

Joshua, you told me yesterday that the commenting of zebraop (*) in dev_week was not a bug, but due to a problem with _zconn in Koha (that looses the connection we don't know why) + it seems that updates are long on large databases.

Thus, for adding/updating biblios/items, NPL uses update_items script, running once a day (and thus having a zebra DB uptodate only once a day, which can be considered as a shame, even if not blocking)

SAN-OP will go live in january, 3rd, and will do large test (library closed to public, everybody working/testing koha) on dec, 14th, to I thought it could be a good idea to investigate the problem during those tests.

Joshua told me that NPL uses zebra 1.x, and SAN-OP will use zebra 2.0, so maybe it could solve the problem.

Here is my question : how do we know that the update/insert went wrong ? an internal server error ? an error in the log ? nothing, just being unable to find the added/modified biblio/item ? Did the problem occur once a week or once every hour ? did they notice it occurs more on heavy load or any particular situation ?

I'll report here the result of SAN-OP tests. Hoping zebra 2.x will solve it.

(*) zebraop is the sub that is called when a biblio/item is added/updated/modified.
--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants