koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Currencies in Koha

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Currencies in Koha
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 17:33:03 +0100

Joshua M. Ferraro a écrit :
Hi all,
I'd like to take a look at how we currently handle currency symbols
in Koha. There's a standard defined for currency codes, ISO 4217:

Any thoughts, comments, etc.?

We already have a format_date() sub to format a date according to a system preference. I think it's the way to go with currencies : have a format_currency($_) when showing a money value.

Note that in the currency table, the value with an exchange rate of 1.0000 is considered as the value to show.
thus, having EUR = 1.0000, USD = 1.4321
gives us : EUR 10000.00 in acquisition part of Koha.

(Note that we would write 10000.00 EUR in fact, but that will be the goal of format_currency I bet ;-) )

Last note : it's not a high priority feature imho.

--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants