koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] koha top query

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] koha top query
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 17:46:12 +0100

long_sam.tw a écrit :
Koha Top query

Hi long_sam,

summary:
User query something via hiddin modthod.
Keywords will recorded in databases.It will help user when he/
she query catalog.

enviroments:
koha 2.2.5 & koha 2.2.7 (templete for npl)

modfied files: perl scripts - opac-search.pl、opac-main.pl
tmpl - opac-main.tmpl
database - create Cookie table

Nice feature, but I won't add it in official trunk for at least 2 reasons :
- it does not use our coding guidelines that says "no SQL query in a .pl
script, only in a .pm package". Thus, you should have done a
C4/Queries.pm package.
- it seems strange to me : you have a counts row in cookie table (I
would have choosen another name for this table, but that's a little
note), but only store 1 in the row. The best solution, would be to
increment the counter row (update ... set counts=counts+1), while you
create one every time. You'll get a huge query in the long term...

however, I keep the feature in my mind, maybe i'll add it in 3.0 in the
future (no promise ;-) )

--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants