koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] UTF-8

From: Dorian Meid
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] UTF-8
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 20:11:15 +0100

Thanks for validating this!

Am 13.03.2007 um 12:14 schrieb Thomas Dukleth:
I have tested and found that the problem is with GBV at least for this
record. I had never tested their records retuned in UTF-8 from port 20012
previously.
Please report this problem to GBV if you have any good contacts there.

Yes, I'll do.

In my current project, I think I'll write my own MARC-client and then transcode the records before importing them. We mainly have german books, but also a few russian, chinese, japanese and greek. The current database is a flatfile where foreign books aren't included at all.

Again, can anybody name me a reliable UTF-8 data source?
I just want to test wether my UTF setup is working throughout the system.

Dorian Meid