koha-devel

[Koha-devel] UTF-8

From: Dorian Meid
Subject: [Koha-devel] UTF-8
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 01:18:01 +0100

Gentlemen,

I have a problem using UTF-8 with Koha.
If I import MARC-Data via z3950 special characters are treated differently

ÄÜÖäüö works at some pages but not in all.
ß dosn't work at any page.

This is the ü I get from z3950 and this is the ü which is generated when I type it.
These are two different characters.

I'm using Koha 2.2.8, MySQL5 and Apache 1.3 on Mac OSX 10.4 with Firefox. I've read the notes on the Wiki and my server, Database and the tables are set to UTF-8. I also set the templates encoding variable and added the encoding to httpd.conf
The z3950 server sends data UTF-8 encoded

Did I miss something?

Dorian Meid