koha-devel

[Koha-devel] [CRITICAL] The king is dead ... long live to the King...

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: [Koha-devel] [CRITICAL] The king is dead ... long live to the King...
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 17:02:58 +0100

Guys, rel_3_0 branch is DEAD !

I have branched rel_TG with yesterday HEAD branch. It contains some interesting stuff from Tumer Garip, that is not yet included in rel_3_0, but will probably be later.

I have copied ALL rel_3_0 to HEAD and commited everything to head. I carefully : - removed all files that don't exist in rel_3_0 but were in HEAD (due to code cleaning in rel_3_0 or new features from tumer)
- commited all existing files, overwritten of course.
- added manually all files that were not in HEAD, but were added in rel_3_0 (by code cleaning or new feature that is not in head)

SO :
- rel_3_0 branch is DEAD. Commits here are forbidden NOW !
- Tumer, you can branch rel_TG and continue your stuff.
- HEAD is now the authoritative branch for the waited-and-not-so-far head version. Once we will release official Koha 3.0.0, we will create a maintainance branch (which name will we choose, as rel_3_0 is burn now...), and HEAD will continue with new features. - update your local repository from rel_3_0 to head (cvs co -r HEAD if I don't mind)

I tried to be carefull while doing the stuff, I hope I did not forgot anything. In case you feel some strange things happends, let me know, I have half a dozen of directories of i'm-just-in-the-middle-of-the-river backups.

--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants