koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] New Koha 2.2 search....

From: Chris Cormack
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] New Koha 2.2 search....
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 11:28:20 +1200

On 24/07/2007, at 11:24 AM, Ernesto Silva wrote:

Hi,
here at Universidad ORT Uruguay we've been using koha since may'05. Andres Tarallo and I were the primary developers, Andres is still with us but working on another proyect and we've hired Jean Pierre Ducassou to continue our Koha developement. And... no Paul, Jean Pierre is not french, but his ancients were.

Anyway, as our Koha 2.2 installation has it's own flavour and we were aiming to improve the search system we've made some work during 2006 but the developer we hired has gone away... pity.

We've been reviewing 2006 search code (with Jean Pierre) wich was based on MySQL 5 using sub-queries and Full Text Indexing. We've got a 95% working search system, we're giving it the final tweaks.

We were wondering if anyone is interested in it, we can contribute with the code, explanations and basic documentation.

Hi Ernesto

Id certainly love to take a look at this. I'm sure the other Koha developers would too.

Chris

--
Chris Cormack                            address@hidden
VP Research and Development                        www.liblime.com