koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] zebra config files [IMPORTANT]

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] zebra config files [IMPORTANT]
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 21:29:26 +0100

Joshua Ferraro a écrit :
On 11/9/07, paul POULAIN <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello folks,

working on unimarc for zebra, I've seen some strange things in etc zebra
files :
- ccl.properties don't have popularity anymore
- bib1.att : att 9002 is biblioitemnumber, shouldn't it be biblionumber
as in ccl.properties (biblionumber 1=9002) ?
Yes ... I'll fix that immediately

- bib1.att : att 9910 Koha-Auth-Number and ccl.properties says
Authority_number 1=8910
Hmmm, both seem to be 8910, could you clarify where you see 9910?

head/etc/zebradb/biblios/etc/bib1.att, line 153 :
## Fixed Fields and other special indexes
att 9901                        Extent
att 9910                        Koha-Auth-Number
# record length according to the leader
att 9905                        llength

- the zebra files in etc don't reflect at all the ones in misc/zebra.
The etc directory has been added by MJ installer. Which should we
consider as the correct zebra config file ?
I didn't even know about the ones in misc!

I added that when I builded rebuild_zebra.pl, got it from their previous location. I don't remember the details. the most important is to be sure that the authoritative one are the one in etc/

So just record.abs needs to be customized, right? or do you have custom
*.idx and *.chr too? I can imagine that some languages, like arabic, will need
a complete set of custom etc/ files ...

no idx, but chr maybe. Although I think my chr could be usefull for you as well. Look in misc/zebra/sort-string-utf_french.chr

The installer from MJ should be able to put the files into the right
places without
needing to run rebuild_zebra.pl. The key is to identify which files
are global and
which are language/marc_flavour specific.

yes and know : the guy who setup Koha don't know wether the library want to use MARC21 or UNIMARC.
+ the installer ask no question, of to know which flavour he must choose ?
I'm afraid i'll have to produce a script that check and overwrite that after webinstall. Unless you give me a better idea, of course.

--
Paul POULAIN, consultant senior
BibLibre SARL