koha-devel

[Koha-devel] marc2dc (Dublin Core support)

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: [Koha-devel] marc2dc (Dublin Core support)
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 09:15:16 +0100

Hello world,

I just wanted to point that, afaik, the marc2dc tools one can find in cpan are only MARC21 compliant. They do silly things for UNIMARC. I've seen some commits about that, to let the user export or view the catalogue in Dublin Core format. This won't work at all for us. And we don't intend to make that work in the next weeks, as it's purely a new feature.

Our wish would be to remove that feature for instance.
Anyway, you MUST remember that before adding any new feature: check what it does for UNIMARC guys.

PS :
- isn't it time to create a stable and an unstable branch in git ? and deal only with bugfixes for stable (dc is, obviously, an improvement)
- I ask for a chat meeting to discuss of next weeks plans.

--
Paul POULAIN
BibLibre SARL