koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] marc2dc (Dublin Core support)

From: Joshua Ferraro
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] marc2dc (Dublin Core support)
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 17:47:30 -0500

On 11/19/07, Paul POULAIN <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello world,
>
> I just wanted to point that, afaik, the marc2dc tools one can find in
> cpan are only MARC21 compliant. They do silly things for UNIMARC. I've
> seen some commits about that, to let the user export or view the
> catalogue in Dublin Core format. This won't work at all for us.
> And we don't intend to make that work in the next weeks, as it's purely
> a new feature.
Well, not that new, it's existed for months, but didn't make it into the 3.0
codebase. It's a strictly optional feature (just like, for instance, subject
hierarchy that only works for UNIMARC). You're free to disable it for
French libraries if it doesn't make sense for UNIMARC.

> Our wish would be to remove that feature for instance.
> Anyway, you MUST remember that before adding any new feature: check what
> it does for UNIMARC guys.
>
> PS :
> - isn't it time to create a stable and an unstable branch in git ?  and
> deal only with bugfixes for stable (dc is, obviously, an improvement)
> - I ask for a chat meeting to discuss of next weeks plans.
Sounds like a great plan. I'll write an email to koha-devel this evening
calling for a meeting.

Cheers,

address@hidden |Full Demos at http://liblime.com/koha |1(888)KohaILS