koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Daemon to look after the zebraqueue commit (from chris)

From: Chris Cormack
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Daemon to look after the zebraqueue commit (from chris)
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 21:43:31 +1300

Paul POULAIN wrote:
Hello world,

I see a patch/commit from chris, about a script called zebraqueue_daemon, that seems to replace zebraqueue_start.

Is it the case ? if yes, does it mean zebraqueue_start is now deprecated ? why does that have been done silently ? what about the new deps introduced ?

Hi Paul

That commit wasnt supposed to be pushed to the public repo yet, its still in testing phase, thats why the dependencies haven't been added. If the daemon does work well, then it probably will replace the cron job, as it will mean zebra is updated faster.

But its still in testing, nothing is set up to use it, I'm running it with a couple of Koha's to make sure its not doing anything wrong.

Its just a prototype I'm testing, anyone else who wants to can test it too. Otherwise just use the zebraqueue_start as a cronjob. When/if it is ready for production people will be able to choose to either run a cron job or to run the daemon.

I sent a patch for others to test and I think it got pushed live, so if you want to test it, feel free, otherwise just ignore it for now

Chris

--
Chris Cormack                            address@hidden
VP Research and Development                        www.liblime.com