koha-devel

[Koha-devel] Advanced search Queries in Nozebra mode, via Nozebra table,

From: Ignacio
Subject: [Koha-devel] Advanced search Queries in Nozebra mode, via Nozebra table, queriying column named 'indexname', returning __RAW__ and failing in Search.pm
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 16:25:22 +0100

Hello, this is Ignacio, new to the excellent Koha, prepared to put my hands on….

I’m working with koha-3.00.00.005 (debian etch, perl 5.8.8, ran in apache 2 via mod_perl) and after configuring searches in noZebra mode I’m having some problems to patch C4::Search to make it correctly parse and return advanced queries. I’m stuck with advanced search queries in Nozebra mode (via koha mysql’s nozebra table), failing in Search.pm:

The snippet of code that selects which value of column indexname for the advanced query in question is needed is given by:

       $left='title' if $left eq 'ti';

        $left='author' if $left eq 'au';

        $left='publisher' if $left eq 'pb';

        $left='subject' if $left eq 'su';

        $left='koha-Auth-Number' if $left eq 'an';

        $left='keyword' if $left eq 'kw';

…. The problem seems to appear when you find that this column, in my mysql tables koha installation, seems single and only valued __RAW__, so searches result in no rows.

Is there anyway to change this behaviour of avoiding this everlasting __RAW__ or is this the expected behavior and there is some other configuration/version problem?

Thanks,

Ignacio Javier