koha-devel

[Koha-devel] makefiling sources from git repository (version 3.00.00.031

From: Ignacio Javier
Subject: [Koha-devel] makefiling sources from git repository (version 3.00.00.031)
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 14:24:44 +0100

Hi all:

I'm having some problems of the kind I'm on the nearbies of knowing why but
on the outside boundaries of knowing why I should bet on my own certainness.
When we installed Koha previously (3.00.00.005), we made some forced
assumptions that resulted in a bad installation than now shows as
problematic to make function Koha as a whole, that precisely led to a
nozebra flawed table.

Now, to take the certainness we are doing the things on the right, clean and
"pathologically orthodoxial" way, we have the following doubt to be solved:

Our debian etch comes with a default perl 5.8.8 installation that produced
some errors where trying to solve the dependencies from cpan. In fact we are
having severe problems with Date::Calc module, which evidences impossibility
of install due to a Calc.c error. Which is probably the result of a problem
with system libraries conflict due to another CPAN updates that come from
any dependency that is needed by koha...

Is this correct?, that is get the way doing it from CPAN or may we branch to
dkpg installations to solve dependencies?

Do you use for developing default debian etch perl installation or are you
using another (vanilla, strawberry or maybe a version of perl compiled from
sources?)

That's all, hope being helped!

Ignacio