koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] makefiling sources from git repository (version 3.00.00

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] makefiling sources from git repository (version 3.00.00.031)
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 13:33:22 +0000

"Ignacio Javier" <address@hidden> wrote: [...]
> Is this correct?, that is get the way doing it from CPAN or may we branch to
> dkpg installations to solve dependencies?
>
> Do you use for developing default debian etch perl installation or are you
> using another (vanilla, strawberry or maybe a version of perl compiled from
> sources?)

My opinion is that you should install from:
1. debian packages from the official distribution (except yaz);
2. debian packages from third-party sources (indexdata, serene, imag);
3. CPAN.

Problems with this were mentioned in Thomas Dukleth's email yesterday:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/koha-devel/2007-11/msg00056.html

Hope that helps,