koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] items.wthdrawn

From: Galen Charlton
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] items.wthdrawn
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 16:18:46 -0600

Hi,

On 11/27/07, Thomas Dukleth <address@hidden> wrote:
> The arrangement which I made with Joshua over spelling errors in column
> names which were used in the MARC frameworks was that I would correct
> spelling errors in the frameworks and he would ensure that the spelling
> errors were corrected in the rest of the code.

The issue is that having the discrepancy breaks the functionality of
editing the items withdrawn status field.

> Fixing the spelling errors throughout the code should require only a
> simple script.  Leaving spelling errors is only likely to promote future
> errors in coding as uncorrected spelling errors accumulate.  Eventually, a
> special dictionary of Koha would be required if errors go uncorrected.

I would be more than happy to submit a patch to change 'wthdrawn' to
'withdrawn' once and for all.  However, even as mechanical a change as
that requires testing to ensure that no functionality is broken and
that there are no instances in the code where a column name is being
constructed in an unusual fashion.

My question is this: do we do such a change now in 3.0 pre-beta, or
push it to the next unstable version (i.e., 3.1/3.2)?

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton