koha-translate

[Koha-translate] Re: [Koha-devel] [important]NEW TRANSLATION TOOL

From: paul POULAIN
Subject: [Koha-translate] Re: [Koha-devel] [important]NEW TRANSLATION TOOL
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 14:28:29 +0100

MJ Ray a écrit :

On 2003-12-05 16:57:21 +0000 paul POULAIN <address@hidden> wrote:

I've just commited a new translation tool.
Feel free to test it AND IMPROVE IT.

I am sorry to be a little rude, but wouldn't it be better to work on splitting templates and texts, rather than building tools to combine them?

I don't think so, for at least 2 reasons :
* the Koha project already has existing and working tools / versions. It's sometimes/usually easier to improve something that exists than rewrite it from scratch. this translation tool works quite good imho, and needed only a few hours to be done. * this translation tools is something like a gettext, but on developper time, not on execution time. Pro : it's no cpu consumming, & so better for low-end hardware.

--
Paul POULAIN