koha-translate

Re: [Koha-translate] Italian translation

From: Paolo Pozzan
Subject: Re: [Koha-translate] Italian translation
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 11:00:53 +0200

Paul POULAIN ha scritto:
Paolo Pozzan a écrit :
Hello Paul,
Thank you for your clear explanation.

I am a volunteer working for the public library of my small town.
Our fund consists in about 5k books, all catalogued in a old-fashion
paper registrer.
Now I want to put a easy-to-use ILS (or, as french says SIGB) to manage
the increasing number of loans. Of course I choose Koha for its simple
interface, freedom of use and (I hope) good support.
Now the system is going to be used by volunteers like me, but not all
of them know english and less know french, so I need to translate it as
soon as possible to make the work starts.
But if you think that version 3 of Koha will be out before... well..
october, then we can wait for it.
What you think about it? Is it worth waiting?
definetly yes.
But don't really expect koha 3.0 before december, unless you volunteer to test koha 3.0RC, and accept to face bugs.

However, at http://bureau.paulpoulain.com/kartouche, you should get the italian translation for 2.2, if you want to play with it.
Hello all!

About the italian translation:
I start working with kartouche, at the URL Paul send me. However because
of my dial-up connection I cannot use it for a long time, so I
downloaded the .po files from CVS and now I am working offline with poEdit.
I hope I will end the work before the 2.2.6 release.
A technical question: do I have to write chars with accent as in HTML (eg. è is written as è) into .po files?

Is it already available 3.0RC? If so I can test it and, if necessary,
translate it.

Paolo P