koha-zebra

[Koha-zebra] Zebra talk

From: Tümer Garip
Subject: [Koha-zebra] Zebra talk
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 03:35:51 +0300

Hi all,
More on zoom issues.
A few problems I am having with zebra.
1-When the going gets rough (lots of commits and searches) I start
getting lots of time-out errors from zebra. I could not find out how to
set this timeout period (if one exists). So as an interim measure the
xmlfile gets written to disk to be manually indexed by the system
administrator to keep the zebradb uptodate. I would like to hear others
experiences on this issue.
I still could get my CVS to work so if needed Chris has the script to
commit it.
2-On searches I used ranking. Something strange happens. You do a search
and get a list of biblios. Say you issue the  book first in the list
(record gets updated) and redo the search. This record is no more the
first in the list. This is very peculiar as I thought ranking is done on
words. Any ideas?

Cheers
Tumer