libcdio-devel

[Libcdio-devel] Drive capabilities on FreeBSD, need work?

From: Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò
Subject: [Libcdio-devel] Drive capabilities on FreeBSD, need work?
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 14:09:32 +0200

Hi,
I'm trying to write an eject(linux)-compatible utility working ok Linux,
FreeBSD and Darwin/OSX (to have a working Gentoo default for all the
different OS we support).
Unfortunately seems like drives on FreeBSD's ioctl doesn't support
capabilities (I always get No to capabilities when trying with
examples/device.c).

Is this a planned behavior, or needs to be fixed?
If the latter is the case I'd like to start working on it as I want to create
an "universal eject" command.

Thanks in advance,
--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò