libcdio-devel

[Libcdio-devel] FreeBSD ioctl fixes

From: R. Bernstein
Subject: [Libcdio-devel] FreeBSD ioctl fixes
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 17:47:42 -0400

Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò writes:
 > Hi,
 > Also if reading capabilities is still an issue right now, as the ioctl isn't
 > implemented, I've still been able to use it to eject/close tray of
 > ATAPI-configured CD-Roms (works also better than the CAM mode as they get a
 > "Device not ready" when trying to eject an empty CD-Rom drive both with CAM
 > and bsd's eject command).
 > To do so, I needed the attached patch (that I'm going to apply on Gentoo's
 > 0.75-r1 version), which makes use of the already open file descriptor
 > instead
 > of opening a new one (else we have two file descriptor open, so when it
 > launch the ioctl to eject the device it results busy because of the other
 > fd).
 > It also cleanup the comment about the result as it seems to be inverted (at
 > least, the code gets fuzzy if it returned 1 on success.

Many thanks for the patch. It has been committed with some small
changes to account for other corrections that should have been made
previously.  The return type is supposed to be driver_return_code_t,
not int, and the constants/#defines DRIVER_OPT_SUCCESS and
DRIVER_OP_ERROR are preferred in returning values. (This way one need not
remember which way 0 or 1 goes).

I'd appreciate it if you or someone would just double check to make
sure I haven't messed things up again.

Thanks.