libcdio-devel

[Libcdio-devel] Eject

From: R. Bernstein
Subject: [Libcdio-devel] Eject
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 19:15:29 -0400

address@hidden writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I played a bit with ejecting, and stumbled across this:
 >
 > lib/driver/gnu_linux.c, function eject_media_linux() checks if the
 > tray is open and closes it in this case. Is this an intended behaviour?
 > I thought close_tray_linux() is responsible for that.

Based documentation for mmc_eject_media() which is called when the
ioctl fails, Ithat this isn't the intended behavior. I was about to
make a commit, which I saw your other posting and patch which I don't think
addresses this part.

A fix for this I think would be to issue either and info or warning
message that the tray door is open. If folks have an opinion on which,
let me know. Also whether the return should be DRIVER_OP_SUCCESS or
some other value. (We could even add a new code for something like
NO_OP, but that mean breaking the ABI.)

 > Furthermore, at the end of eject_media_linux(), the filedescriptor
 > is set to -1 without being closed (leading to potential a
 > filedescriptor leak). Should I fix this or did I miss some deeper logic?

In you next patch it looks like this has been addressed. Thanks.