libcdio-devel

[Libcdio-devel] Paranoia and CD-Extra

From: David Stockwell
Subject: [Libcdio-devel] Paranoia and CD-Extra
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 12:27:39 -0500

Ripping a CD in CD-Extra format (with links to a website following the last track, I find that cdio-paranoia continues to read the track beyond the end of the track until it hits the "Extra" portion, recording everything thereafter as a "skip". This appears to be a known problem with Paranoia.

FWIW, I am using cdio_paranoia_read_limited, with a callback to report the status, so I do know what is going on.  In reading the track, I am seeking the first LSN of the track, then looping through the track from the first LSN to the last, similar to the following:

for (lsn_t lsnCurr=lsnFirst; lsnCurr<=lsnLast; ++lsnCurr) {
    pParaBuffer = cdio_paranoia_read_limited(pParanoia, cbParanoia, 20);
}

So, why am I reading past the end of the last track?

Looking at the includes, I see a call to cdio_paranoia_set_range(pParanoia, {beginning LSN}, {ending LSN}) which is not really documented, but appears to set limits on how far paranoia will read.

Including that call in my source, I get a good compile, but the link fails with "undefined reference to cdio_paranoia_set_range".

I have installed 0.78 into /usr/local (the basic distro includes 0.77 in /usr).

Finally, this is the only disk I cannot read/rip, so I believe it has to do with strangeness from this format.

Any help?

David Stockwell