libcdio-devel

[Libcdio-devel] first version of cued, my cd ripper

From: Robert William Fuller
Subject: [Libcdio-devel] first version of cued, my cd ripper
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 03:00:03 -0500

Hi,

This is the first announcement of the first version of my all new cd ripper, cued, for Linux and probably most other platforms supported by libcdio. Basically, I was frustrated by the lack of something comparable to EAC. The ripper has numerous features, including:

1.  freedb access
2.  custom tag file generation
3.  cue sheet generation
4. Q sub-channel decoding for generating ALL indices (all 100 per track; pre-gap + 01-99)
5.  track 1 hidden audio ripping
6.  paranoia
7.  read offset correction
8. a groovy makefile for compressing waves to flacs which uses the -j option of make for parallel compression, a very good way to exploit your multi-core processor
9.  builds and works on 64-bit platforms
10.  GPL license

You can ftp cued from ftp://omb.dyns.cx/cued-v.b1.tar.bz2 until I get a project site together. Anybody have any recommendations of Savannah vs. Sourceforget vs. Launchpad?

Regards,

Rob