libcdio-devel

Re: [Libcdio-devel] info about collaboration

From: R. Bernstein
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] info about collaboration
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 23:00:06 -0400

Francesco Argese writes:
 > Thanks for the answer.
 >
 > Where can i begin from? Could you give me some link?

Quoting from http://www.gnu.org/software/libcdio/

   Both cdrtools and cdrkit include the mkisofs program, originally
   written for GNU by Eric Youngdale. So that is one possible starting
   point. Technically, it seems the ideal result would be enhancements
   to libcdio at the library level to support the necessary writing
   functionality (the above projects have no comparable library
   layer), and then command-line utilities to provide a shell
   interface.

And a google search of mkisofs and Eric Youngdale shows code here:
   http://www.tux.org/pub/people/eric-youngdale/mkisofs/

The libcdio link also says

    The GNU vcdimager program is a potential starting point.

vcdimager writes VCD's. The first track of a VCD is an ISO-9660
filesystem. So vcdimager has routines to write an ISO-9660 track to a
file in image format (bin/cue, or cdrdao's format). These routines are
in vcdimager/lib/image_bincue.c and vcdimager/lib/image_cdrdao.c of
the vcdimager source.

I don't believe doing work for the above will require interacting with
real hardware. However if that's of interest, I can probably think of
some things.

It's possible that you may have to work pretty much independently.