libcdio-help

[Libcdio-help] Some questions about the use of libcdio in a FUSE fs.

From: Stef Bon
Subject: [Libcdio-help] Some questions about the use of libcdio in a FUSE fs.
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 15:45:34 +0200

Hi,

I've written a FUSE fs to read tracks on a cd, using licdio. I used to
work with cd-paranoia, till I've found libcdio.

More info about it you'll find here:

http://linux.bononline.nl/wiki/index.php/Fuse-cdfs

Basically in this fs there is one read to read the cdrom, and it
processes read requests (from the fuse fs read call) in a queue, and
calls

cdio_cddap_read()

to read the requested sectors.

Maybe you should try it.

(as you can read I'm not ready with it, but it works )

Now I have some questions:

a. is there a way to identify the cd uniquely. Right now it stores
cached files in

%cache_directory%/tracknr-xx.wav

Now when I unmount, I ant to be able to keep the cached file. I would
like to have an unique id per readable cdrom, like an uuid per
partition on a harddisk. Is there one?

b. the command above just reads the sectors requested. Is there a
better way to read from a cdrom. Remember my fs caches everything, so
possibly "in between" results (which are not requested and thus
ignored in the final result) maybe used in my fs, as long as it's
clear which sector is read.

Thanks in advance,

Stef