libmicrohttpd

Re: [libmicrohttpd] MHD requires GnuTLS and other libraries

From: Evgeny Grin
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] MHD requires GnuTLS and other libraries
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2020 20:23:39 +0300

Hello David,

First of all, please, follow advices already given.
Learn more about cross-compilation of projects that require dependency.

The basic idea is to re-create filesystem structure at some prefix, compile and *install* all dependencies to this prefix. The prefix is provided by configure parameter, like './configure --prefix=/home/test/arm-root' or any other path at your choice. Then use PKG_CONFIG_PATH variable so pkg-config will take care of all required lib paths and flags for precompiler and linker. Alternatively, you can specify all required path in flags manually. From you config.log it's clear that GnuTLS failed to find required module from nettle. If you link with GnuTLS, you need to provide all libs and linker path for all libs required by GnuTLS. If those libraries require other libraries, you must specify them as well. That's why it's better to use pkg-config to automate it. Usage of both '--with-gnutls=/path/to/gnutls' AND CPPFLAGS='-I /path/to/gnutls/include' is redundant. You don't need both. Check result in you log. Same for LDFLAGS.

One more alternative: compile everything as static libs.

It's interesting that MHD can still be compiled with so ancient Linux (2.6.18) and tools (GCC 4.2.3). Looks like we succeed in maintaining of backward compatibility.

One more note: looks like you specified somewhere path incorrectly. You have '/mnt/hgfs/Projects/GnuTLS/gnutls-3.6.15' and '/mnt/hgfs/Projects/gnutls/gnutls-3.6.15/'. It is not the same, this is two different paths on Linux.

Please, use more web search. You faced typical cross-compilation problems, there are many solutions on the web.

--
Evgeny