libmicrohttpd

[libmicrohttpd] HTTPS issues

From: DJM-Avalesta
Subject: [libmicrohttpd] HTTPS issues
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 15:19:34 +0000

Hi,
Many thanks to Christian and Evgeny who have helped me to cross-compile MHD for my ancient embedded system.

I now have a more specific issue supporting HTTPS in the webserver.

It is a feature of my embedded system to supply a video snapshot given the url, for example

if HTTPS is active

https://10.26.7.77:443/mjpg/image.cgi

This is working fine from a browser and also from the ONVIF Development Manager (ODM). However the ONVIF Device Test Tool gives the following error:-
"The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel."

I don' know if this is relevant but I am also seeing some of these messages output from my application
"Error: received handshake message out of context"

I am starting MHD like this

m_pHttpd = MHD_start_daemon (MHD_USE_SELECT_INTERNALLY | MHD_USE_SSL | MHD_USE_DEBUG,
    port, NULL, NULL,
    CHttpWrapper::http_access_callback, (void *)g_StreamManagerArray,
    MHD_OPTION_HTTPS_MEM_KEY, key_pem,
    MHD_OPTION_HTTPS_MEM_CERT, cert_pem,
    MHD_OPTION_CONNECTION_TIMEOUT, HTTP_CLIENT_TIMEOUT,
    MHD_OPTION_NOTIFY_COMPLETED, CHttpWrapper::http_RequestCompletedCallback, NULL,
    MHD_OPTION_CONNECTION_LIMIT, 30,
    MHD_OPTION_DIGEST_AUTH_RANDOM, sizeof(g_rnd), g_rnd,
    MHD_OPTION_NONCE_NC_SIZE, 60000,
    MHD_OPTION_END);

I need to pass the test from the ONVIF Device Test Tool, why would it require more authentication than other clients? Any suggestions of where to look?

Best regards
David