libreboot-dev

Re: [Libreboot-dev] Potential new libreboot port - Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2L

From: Damien Zammit
Subject: Re: [Libreboot-dev] Potential new libreboot port - Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2L
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 21:04:28 +1100

Hi all,

I am writing to let you know that I have fixed 2 out of 3 outstanding
issues with this Gigabyte port.

On 31/12/15 14:04, Damien Zammit wrote:
> - When VGA native init is enabled and both (2) sticks of ram are
> populated, the board hangs in coreboot. :(  Current workaround: use only
> 1 stick of ram in channel 0.
This has been fixed using patches I have submitted to coreboot review.
The patches are from review.coreboot.org, (in order of applying):
13125, 13126, 13127, 13128, 13129

> - IRQ9 is broken, the linux kernel disables it. (no harm done)
I also have a patch for this but it has been abandoned in coreboot due
to being a workaround rather than a fix.  But it does work.
Patch is:
12795

AND you need to put this in the mainboard Kconfig:

config IRQ9_MADT_OVERRIDE
        bool
        default n

> - The onboard NIC (RTL 8169) is currently unresponsive on MSI interrupt.
> Current workaround: use USB NIC dongle.
Still no fix for this, I am unsure why it is not working.

Regards,
Damien