libreboot-dev

[Libreboot-dev] X200 Lenovo BIOS comparisons

From: Nathaniel Roach
Subject: [Libreboot-dev] X200 Lenovo BIOS comparisons
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2016 18:26:41 +0800

Hi all!

I'm going to be flashing my X200 back to Lenovo BIOS in order to downgrade the EC (1.07 added a check for legitimate batteries, and considering the age of the machine, I may end up having to use non-OEM batteries).

The main thing I want to check it the EC behaviour regarding the mute button - according to some old kernel mailing list, and Launchpad [1], passing acpi_osi="Linux" (in LenovoBIOS) means the EC will pass through the mute button as a regular XF86 key, rather than handling the muting itself. To me, this sounds preferable to the current behaviour in libreboot.

I'm not going to be able to fix this myself, but if someone is interested in doing some comparisons (e.g. acpi tables) for this issue, or others (such as VT-X or VGA) I'm more than glad to help.

Nathaniel Roach

[1]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/281732/comments/19