libreboot-dev

Re: [Libreboot-dev] X200 Lenovo BIOS comparisons

From: Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli
Subject: Re: [Libreboot-dev] X200 Lenovo BIOS comparisons
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2016 15:24:16 +0100

On Wed, 3 Feb 2016 18:26:41 +0800
Nathaniel Roach <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm going to be flashing my X200 back to Lenovo BIOS in order to
> downgrade the EC
Hi, can you document the procedure somewhere?

I'd be very interested in free software EC reflashing, but to do that
I'd have to understand how the vendor tools do it.

In the era of T40/T42 laptops, you had a separate program to do that.
Now as I understand it, it's part of the BIOS update.

That makes it way more complicated to trace I guess.

I have i945 Lenovo laptops (X60/X60T/T60) so the procedure you are
following may change for me.

Denis.