libreboot-dev

Re: [Libreboot-dev] Suggestions for documentation, keymap, and SHA512SUM

From: Leah Rowe
Subject: Re: [Libreboot-dev] Suggestions for documentation, keymap, and SHA512SUM
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2016 00:17:46 +0100

Hi Kete,

On 26/08/16 00:57, Kete Foy wrote:
> Thanks for the recent release---some suggestions I thought was to (1)
> mention downloading the ROM from rom/ and then your bootloader directory.

What do you mean? What's wrong with it?

> 2. This page mentions (flashrom -r) when maybe it should say (flash -r):
> https://libreboot.org/docs/hcl/gm45_remove_me.html#ich9gen

No, this is correct.

> 3. I request a uscolemak keymap please.

What is the name of it when you set it in your distro? I can use that to
generate the .gkb file for use in GRUB. Note that the layout in GRUB
does not affect the layout in GNU/Linux, where you can still use colemak.

For information on adding keymaps to libreboot's GRUB configuration, see:
https://libreboot.org/docs/grub/index.html#grub_keyboard

Add them in the right place on a freshly cloned libreboot repository,
then commit it and send a patch if you like:
https://libreboot.org/git/

Note that we're replacing the build system, but this will be adapted in
the new one.

> 4. I don't know where the key for the SHA512SUM.sig is.

https://libreboot.org/gig/

I've added a link to this on the download page now, although it was
already linked on the homepage.

> 5. In the SHA512SUM, the rom files are prefixed with 'rom/grub', so the
> checksum fails until I made those directories and moved the file into them.

Yes, this is self-explanatory.

--
Leah Rowe

Libreboot developer

Use free software. Free as in freedom.
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html

Use a free operating system, GNU/Linux.
https://www.gnu.org/

Use a free BIOS.
https://libreboot.org/

Support freedom. Join the Free Software Foundation.
https://fsf.org/

Minifree Ltd, trading as Ministry of Freedom | Registered in England,
No. 9361826 | VAT No. GB202190462
Registered Office: 19 Hilton Road, Canvey Island, Essex SS8 9QA, UK |
Web: http://minifree.org/