libreboot-dev

Re: [Libreboot-dev] Suggestions for documentation, keymap, and SHA512SUM

From: Kete Foy
Subject: Re: [Libreboot-dev] Suggestions for documentation, keymap, and SHA512SUM
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2016 15:33:00 +0000

Thanks Leah,

Leah Rowe:
> On 26/08/16 00:57, Kete Foy wrote:
>> mention downloading the ROM from rom/ and then your bootloader directory.
>
> What do you mean? What's wrong with it?

It wasn't obvious that I needed to go into the rom directory until I was
way into the instructions. Then, I couldn't tell what seabios was or
which of the 3 dirs I needed. For example, did I need all 3? How many
more dirs were there going to be? I couldn't tell they were bootloaders
and I only needed the one I used.

>> 3. I request a uscolemak keymap please.
>
> What is the name of it when you set it in your distro?

en-latin9 in GuixSD
In Parabola, it's just colemak.

> For information on adding keymaps to libreboot's GRUB configuration, see:
> https://libreboot.org/docs/grub/index.html#grub_keyboard

I can't find this: grub/grub-mklayout
I used Parabola's /usr/share/kbd/keymaps/i386/colemak/colemak.map.gz
and gunzipped it to make uscolemak.gkb, but I can't find the mklayout in
the cloned git repo.

>> the key for the SHA512SUM.sig is.
>
> https://libreboot.org/gig/
>
> I've added a link to this on the download page now, although it was
> already linked on the homepage.

Thanks, I think that's a good idea because I didn't notice it on the
homepage until someone mentioned it.

--
https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org
gpg --recv-key 'D7E9 5431 9C95 097F C314  C2A2 DD8C 15BD 0168 5E3A'