librefm-discuss

Re: [Librefm-discuss] librefm in a public square in Milano

From: Ryan Prior
Subject: Re: [Librefm-discuss] librefm in a public square in Milano
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 14:31:51 -0600

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 4:53 AM, paride piccinini
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Dear LibreFM,
>
> We are a group of Italian designers (eng, arch, designer, botanist)..
> We won a competition for the requalification of a very small square near
> Milano.

Your ideas sound really exciting!

> Obviously it would be a great advertising also for you, and a new idea for
> public space in Italy.

Yes, but even more importantly countless projects like this cannot be
done without Libre software. That's why gnufm was created.

> Do you have API?
> Do you think this project will be possible with your provider service?

librefm's current jukebox doesn't have the functionality to make it
into a public appliance / public jukebox; however, its source code is
freely available and so it can be made to do all the things you
suggest.
Check out http://foocorp.org/projects/fm/developers/ if you have any
experience reading and writing code (PHP, HTML+CSS). If you don't,
then let's start a conversation about exactly what your ideal
interface for this project would look like, so we can help out.

> Do you allow public uses of a public account of LFM?

Yes, public use of lfm would be fine.

> There is an LFMoffice in Italy to speak with?

We may have some Italian developers, and there are certainly some
Italian Free Software folks. Hopefully we can put you in touch.

-Ryan