librefm-discuss

Re: [Librefm-discuss] librefm in a public square in Milano

From: Natanael
Subject: Re: [Librefm-discuss] librefm in a public square in Milano
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 18:21:09 +0100

Hi Paride. I am just another user myself, but I think I can answer some of your questions.

First of all, if I remember correctly, all music on Libre.fm has free licenses. Creative Commons Non-Commercial is the most restrictive license that is used on music in Libre.fm.
This means that you can play all the music on Libre.fm in public without having to get any special deals.

Libre.fm has public API:s that you can use, but you could even get the server source code and run your own server if you wished to do so. But then you would need to make sure that you can set it up properly and make sure it is stable and all. You could of course set up a server of your own just for testing.

If you have some patience you'll probably get a response from one of the devs or site admins soon.

/Natanael L, sent from my phone