librefm-discuss

Re: [Librefm-discuss] Contribute to the project

From: Blaise Alleyne
Subject: Re: [Librefm-discuss] Contribute to the project
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2015 22:07:12 -0400

On 07/09/15 06:38 PM, Rob Myers wrote:
> On 05/09/15 12:05 AM, Blaise Alleyne wrote:
>> On 04/09/15 05:55 PM, a. nonymous wrote:
>>> But someone would have to clue me in on where I can grab the code and
>>> commit my own. (And possibly also how to set up a testing environment
>>> or set up an environment accessible for all devs interested. Although
>>> I suppose that would get messy?)
>>>

>> +1
>>
>> Better instructions on this seem like the #1 priority for the project IMHO,
>> so
>> that new contributors actually know how to get involved!
>>
>> It seems very hard for the project to get any momentum when it's so difficult
>> and not at all obvious how to get involved or contribute.
>
> I'm working on updating this. [...]

Awesome, thanks so much!

> [...] And I'm also restoring the wiki -
>
> https://bugz.foocorp.net/w/projects/libre.fm/getting_started_with_librefm_development/

That sounds great. Though, when I visit that link, it prompts me to log in to
view the wiki (after ignoring the expired SSL certificate, which I assume is a
known bug!).

Is it easy to make the wiki publicly readable? Even if a log in is needed for
editing? Creating/linking an account to view it seems like an unnecessary
barrier, but I'm not sure if that's a quick fix in Phriction.