libreplanet-ca-on

Re: [lp-ca-on] NETFILE certified freedom

From: Stephen Paul Weber
Subject: Re: [lp-ca-on] NETFILE certified freedom
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2016 08:54:25 -0500

> Also if we offer this as a service, we would likely become an EFILE tax
> preparer in the CRA's eyes

I would be interested to know why you think that, since we would not be
preparing taxes at all (even less than with a tightly-coupled solution!)

The key thing is that we'll have to do something so that people can actually
use our software without needing to apply for their own netfile credentials and
without us putting the credentials in the source code -- which necessitates a
server setup of some kind either way.