libreplanet-ca-on

Re: [lp-ca-on] Netfile Application Thoughts

From: Stephen Paul Weber
Subject: Re: [lp-ca-on] Netfile Application Thoughts
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2016 21:08:37 -0500

> And when individual consumers buy a UFile CD at Staples are they issued
> unique server access credentials?

Of course not. UFile will have a key for their desktop-based software that they
hide in the binary on the CD.

> And where are the server access credentials for web-based filing software?

On the web server :)

The server model is obviously easier to do in a clean-for-FaiF way, but neither
of these need be incompatible. The point is that a custom build of netfile
software obviously won't work unless the user gets it separately vetted, but
then they'll have to do paper filing if they don't want to go through the
application process. Unless we have a seperate server product that does the
filing and the credentials live there.