libreplanet-ca-on

Re: [lp-ca-on] Planning the June 2017 meeting

From: Bob Jonkman
Subject: Re: [lp-ca-on] Planning the June 2017 meeting
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 15:22:09 -0400

OK, based on poll results, the best choice for date is next Monday, 19
June 2017. But there were only five respondents, and only three of us
are available on Monday, two in Toronto, and me in Elmira.

I'm not sure it's worthwhile to have an in-person meeting with so few
participants. How about we leave the poll open until Thursday, 15 June
2017, and I'll look at the results again that evening? Hopefully there
will be a few more poll respondents, and a higher possible turnout.

 https://framadate.org/oVNOM99FIddtvyPy

If you need to update your availability you can use the encoded "Edit"
link displayed when you first answered the poll. If you've lost that
link let me know and I'll retrieve it for you.

Let's see how things look on Thursday.

Thanx,
- --Bob.

On 2017-06-10 05:39 PM, Bob Jonkman wrote:
> Quick reminder: If you'd like to meet In Real Life for our June
> meeting please let me know your preferred date and your location on
> the poll:
>
> https://framadate.org/oVNOM99FIddtvyPy
>
> There are four respondents so far, two from KW and two from
> Toronto. The half-way point looks to be in Milton
> https://osm.org/go/ZXtcvK?m= ; if we get more respondents from
> different areas the "optimum location" may change.
>
> I'll count responses and figure out location when I come back from
> the KW Non-Profit SysAdmin meeting Monday night.
>
> -Bob.
>

> On 2017-05-24 11:20 PM, Bob Jonkman wrote:
>> Hi everyone: At tonight's meeting[1] we thought we'd like to
>> have an in-person meeting next month. Specifically, we'd like to
>> talk about the Street Team Outreach project[2]. To help the
>> planning of the meeting, here's a poll to choose a date:
>
>> https://framadate.org/oVNOM99FIddtvyPy
>
>> (unlike some other polls, Framadate is based on Free Software.
>> But it still needs Javascript for jquery (FAIF) and Bootstrap
>> (non-FAIF), so still not perfect)
>
>> Pick the dates and times you're available, and add a comment
>> indicating where you are, and how far you can travel to a
>> meeting. Then, on or about Monday, 12 June I'll take some
>> eight-by-ten coloured glossy maps and draw circles and arrows on
>> them to determine the optimum location to hold a meeting.
>
>> This is a public poll -- anyone, anywhere can participate, so
>> feel free to make up a false name for yourself if you don't want
>> to be publicly identifiable. But then send me an e-mail telling
>> me what name you used so I can weed out the totally false
>> spammers.
>
>> --Bob.
>
>> [1]
>> https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:LibrePlanet_Ontario/Meeting_Notes/2017-05-24