libreplanet-dev

Re: [Libreplanet-dev] elgg site for testing

From: Fernanda G Weiden
Subject: Re: [Libreplanet-dev] elgg site for testing
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 11:30:46 +0900

2009/3/8 Peter <address@hidden>:
> I'd like to have a central place to work on ideas, but I'm not sure whether
> this list or the fsf groups website is better. Any thoughts?

First, let me share my opinion. I played a bit with Elgg, and all it
would allow me to do was to write blog entries. Who doesn't have a
blog these days?

It seems that Elgg would need lots of customization to be useful. We
could maybe start simple, by have sort of a blog planet page, where
groups/people could subscribe themselves, and we could aggregate them
by subject, by region, etc, so people could find each other?

Having in mind the amount of other social network websites out there,
I fail to see the appeal of yet another one. It would be cool if we
could somehow use one or some of the existing ones as resource for us
as well. A wiki is definitely a good start.

Cheers,
nanda

--
Free Software Foundation Europe